TBI offers a suite of integrated Risk Mitigation / Business Continuity Planning services. These services provide our clients with risk analysis, planning, and process change to address potential external/internal business threats and avoid system/process failures and subsequent business disruption. The selection and application of these services is customized for each client, depending upon their particular needs and pre-existing levels of RM/BCP preparation.
Business Risk Analysis is the initial phase of developing a Continuity Plan. The objective of this service is to analyze the client’s mission critical business information systems, business processes and key business partner interfaces, assess the impact of regulatory requirements, identify and quantify potential impact of external/internal business threats, and provide recommendations to mitigate risk. The deliverable will be a report identifying, on a risk-weighted priority basis, the probability and impact on business operations due to external/internal business threats, related problems and recommended actions.
Continuity Planning creates an action plan that enables a seamless and rapid restoration of normal business operations in the event of unplanned business systems failures due to sudden disruption. TBI will apply enhanced industry guidelines for continuity planning for business resumption and for remediation as a template for creating these planning documents. This continuity-planning format will provide a proven, comprehensive “roadmap” for companies in any industry.
Business Continuity Planning – resumption includes the following components:
- Establishing Organizational Planning Guidelines that define the business continuity planning strategy
- Completing a Business Impact Analysis that assesses the potential impact of mission-critical systems/processes
- Developing a Continuity Plan that establishes a timeline for implementation and action, circumstances, and triggers for activation
- Designing a method of Validation so that the resumption plan can be tested for effectiveness
Business Continuity Planning – remediation includes the following:
- Defining the alternatives available if resumption efforts are not successful
- Identifying the availability of alternative service providers and/or staff
- Establishing triggers for activating the remediation plan, taking into account the time necessary to convert to alternate service providers
Our proven methodology is comprised of a series of diagnostic probes and analytic tools including structured interviews, process mapping workshops, document reviews, and financial analysis tools. The experience of TBI’s senior management consultants and our proprietary research ensures that the results of this analysis phase are properly interpreted, and that the assessments, conclusions and recommendations are tempered by real-world best practices experience.